Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Why Would We Need Help?


I started this blog because I have been around for almost six decades and found myself at high points that were indescribable and lows that had no bottom. A verse that always seemed to come to mind, I must admit more often during the lows, was Hebrews 4:16 - "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace in time of need." The words that I have often needed to hear were both found in this verse - "grace" and "mercy". The world is constantly crying out for justice, yet justice without mercy and grace can often be a cold and harsh platform for retribution and vengeance.




I would like to take this place on the internet to share with those who have found themselves in the valleys of life a glimpse of mercy and a place that will offer peace. I am not a psychologist but I am someone who has eventually reached the bottom and found mercy and grace. Even though I am a former minister, I do not intend to preach, but rather, share from my failures and inadequacies that there is hope and there can be peace.




Please stick around and come back from time to time and hopefully you will feel encouraged.




Peace,

Al



No comments:

Post a Comment